EducationB.A. Liberal Studies, California State University, Los Angeles Teachers Credential, San Jose State University M.A. Education - Curriculum & Instruction, Notre Dame De N...
Director of Professional Development and Teacher
EducationB.A. International Relations/B.A. Art Studio, University of California, Davis M.A. in Teaching, University of San Francisco California Teaching Credential Professio...
Students study the material in the social studies classroom through not only an academic lens, but with consideration for ethical and social justice issues. This occurs continually through all the department courses in conjunction with the integrated humanities program.
Fast Facts about the Notre Dame Social Studies Department
- Freshmen can start the Social Studies program at the honors level
- 40% of Freshmen have been invited to join the Global Studies Honors course
- Students create blogs, podcasts and multimedia presentations.
- Students graduate with strong writing, reading, critical thinking, study skills which prepare them for the college academic rigor.
- We extend our learning outside of the classroom with the following:
- Field trips - The social studies classes have visited the Tech Museum, MACLA and local art museums (ICA and SJ Museum of Art), Martin Luther King Library, City Hall, Veggielution, De Young, Angel Island, and Our Lady of Guadalupe parish for community advocacy
- Academic Departments
- Academic Support
- Technology at Notre Dame
- ND Reads
- Graduation Requirements
- English Department Course Catalog
- General & Co-Curricular Electives
- Mathematics Course Catalog
- Modern Language Course Catalog
- Physical Education Course Catalog
- Religious Studies Course Catalog
- Science Course Catalog
- Social Studies Course Catalog
- Technology, Engineering & Design
- Visual & Performing Arts Course Catalog
- Publications Catalog
- Academic Pathways
- Diplomas with Emphasis
- Education for Justice & Leadership
- City as a Classroom