Students study the material in the social studies classroom through not only an academic lens, but with consideration for ethical and social justice issues. This occurs continually through all the department courses in conjunction with the integrated humanities program.
- Freshmen can start the social studies program at the honors level
- 40% of freshmen have been invited to join the Global Studies Honors course
- Students create blogs, podcasts and multimedia presentations.
- Students graduate with strong writing, reading, critical thinking, study skills which prepare them for the college academic rigor.
- We extend our learning outside of the classroom with the following:
- Field trips - The social studies classes have visited the Tech Museum, MACLA and local art museums (ICA and SJ Museum of Art), Martin Luther King Library, City Hall, Veggielution, De Young, Angel Island, and Our Lady of Guadalupe parish for community advocacy
- Academic Teams
- ARISE Support Program
- Technology at Notre Dame
- ND Reads
- Graduation Requirements
- Course Catalog
- Education for Justice & Leadership
- City as a Classroom