Educational Equity Belief Statement
Adopted by the Notre Dame High School Board of Directors, October 11, 2022
Educational equity means that each student receives what they need to develop to their full academic and social potential (adapted from National Equity Project).
At Notre Dame San Jose we commit to educational equity for and with students, employees, families, members of our extended community and the Notre Dame High School Board of Directors.
- We affirm that race, gender, class and identity matter in learning spaces.
- We recognize that social factors and structures may hinder the ability for community members to reach their potential.
- We center diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging in our institutional decision-making.
- We amplify women’s voices and the voices of those who experience marginalization.
- We allocate resources to create access and opportunity.
The Hallmarks of a Notre Dame de Namur Learning Community, our Catholic identity,
and our mission call us to this commitment. This commitment will evolve, as will we.