COVID-19 Updates as of Aug. 2023
Notre Dame High School COVID-19 Policy
- Parents reporting student absences due to illness must report if a student has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Students and/or staff who test positive should:
- Isolate for 5 days.
- After 5 days, return to campus if there are no symptoms and/or are fever-free for 24 hours without fever reducing medicine.
- If a fever persists, continue to isolate until fever-free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication and symptoms are mild and improving.
- If symptoms other than fever are not improving, do not return to school until symptoms are resolving, or after day 10.
- Students and/or staff who have close contacts/exposures to COVID-19 should:
- Test three to five days after last exposure. Tests are available upon request in the Student Wellness Center (SLC 103).
- Wear a well-fitting mask around others for a total of 10 days, especially in indoor settings.
- Only test if symptomatic.
- Continue coming to campus if there are no symptoms.
- Quick Reference Guides:
Guests (visitors, volunteers and guest speakers) on campus
- Guests must not come to campus if they have any COVID-19 or cold/flu symptoms.
- It is strongly recommended that guests be vaccinated, but ND is no longer requiring proof of vaccination.
- Guests must follow the current Notre Dame masking policy (including the masking policy for the particular space they are in).
- Guests should follow the guidelines on the CDPH website if recovering from COVID-19.
Students and/or staff who exhibit COVID-19 symptoms while on campus must report to the Student Wellness Center (SLC 103) and may self-administer a COVID-19 test on-site. Testing kits are available on-campus in the Student Wellness Center.
The State of California and the CDC have lifted the COVID-19 emergency. Masks are optional in all indoor spaces on campus. Employees may continue to wear a mask indoors if they have been exposed to COVID-19 or because they choose to do so.
Here are the current masking guidelines:
- Employees with symptoms or exposure to someone with COVID-19 should wear a high-quality mask when indoors for at least 10 days after the onset of symptoms and/or exposure.
- Employees and students who have tested positive for COVID-19 must isolate for at least five days and should wear a mask for 10 days after their positive test OR until a total of two negative tests, with at least one day in between tests.