COVID updates as of 9/2/22
If students receive an exposure notification, they can go to the Wellness Center to pick up a Covid test kit. Covid test kits will be distributed before school holidays for students to test at home before returning to school.
If students suspect they have Covid or have been told they are a close contact, please use this flowchart
for decision making..
Masks will be optional starting on Tuesday 9/6/22, except for the classrooms and other spaces on campus that require masks (posted in individual spaces). .
On Campus Guests Policy (visitors, volunteers and guest speakers)
Guests must not come to campus if they have any Covid or cold/flu symptoms.
- It is strongly recommended that guests be vaccinated and have had a recent negative Covid test, but ND is no longer requiring proof of vaccination.
- Guests must follow the current Notre Dame masking policy (including the masking policy for the particular space they are in).
- Guests should follow this flowchart if recovering from Covid or if having had close contact with a Covid positive person.
County Covid Policy for Schools as of 8/25/22
- Positive cases
- Staff and students are to isolate themselves for 5 days
- After 5 days: Can return back to campus if they have a negative test and has no symptoms and no fever for 24 hours without fever reducing medicine
- Close Contacts/Exposures
- Classes and closes contacts that the COVID positive individual has been around must be notified in writing within 24 hours
- Close Contacts/Exposures must test within 3-5 days
- If no symptoms, they can continue coming to campus
- SPOT Reporting (reporting to the local health department)
- Only required if we have 5% of COVID cases within a 14 day period and again if percentages pass 10%, 15%, 20%, etc.