Education B.S. Mathematics, St. Mary's College M.A.T. Teaching Secondary Mathematics, USC Professional Associations National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Cour...
Education B.A. Mathematics from U.C. Santa Cruz M.A. Education from U.C. Santa Cruz Professional Associations National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Courses Taught...
Education B.S. Mathematics, Santa Clara University M.A. Mathematics, University of Colorado at Boulder Professional Associations California Math Council; National Council o...
Co-Coordinator for Mathematics and Science Cohort, Mathematics Teacher
Education BS in Mathematics from Colorado State University, MA in Interdisciplinary Education, STEM Emphasis from Santa Clara University, Single Subject Secondary Credential: M...
Mathematics & Science Teacher
Education B.S. Electrical Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara M.S. Mathematics, San Jose State University Professional Associations NCTM (National Council ...
Education M.A. Mathematics & M. A. in Educational Leadership, San Jose State University B.S. Computer Science, San Jose State University Single Subject Mathematics ...
Mathematics & Computer Science Teacher
Education BS computer science, math minor, credential from Notre Dame de Namur University MA Education, Notre Dame de Namur University, May 2021 Courses Taught Algebra 2, ...
Mathematics enables the student to acquire self-discipline and logical/critical thinking skills. In fact, the study of mathematics is necessary to enable the student to reason logically in all aspects of her life. The progression of courses offered by the department provides the student with the opportunity to discover and strengthen her mathematical skills and to achieve her highest potential. These goals are achieved by:
- Hands-on learning activities
- Developing critical thinking skills through teaching overarching concepts
- Fostering intellectual curiosity through integrated learning programs with science and math
- Promoting reflection through class discussion, partner share, and self reflection
- Incorporating cooperative learning and opportunities for leadership growth through class activities and presentations
In our era of increasing technology, the study of mathematics is more important than ever. Mathematics is directly related to science and computer technology. Both science and technology are dependent upon the logic and symbolic manipulation that are integral parts of mathematics.
Fast Facts about the Notre Dame Mathematics Department
- Math Support Center (staffed by mathematics teachers) runs after school
- Software used by the mathematics department includes:
- Geometer's Sketchpad
- TI-84 Plus Silver Edition calculator used in all math classes
- All geometry courses include a year-long city project
- Various projects and real-world applications are used throughout the curriculum
- Over 60% of freshmen (average) placed into upper-level math classes
- All mathematics teachers hold graduate degrees
- All trigonometry/precalculus and calculus classes take a field trip to the Exploratorium to connect classroom topics with hand-on experience
- Academic Departments
- Academic Support
- Technology at Notre Dame
- ND Reads
- Graduation Requirements
- English Department Course Catalog
- General & Co-Curricular Electives
- Mathematics Course Catalog
- Modern Language Course Catalog
- Physical Education Course Catalog
- Religious Studies Course Catalog
- Science Course Catalog
- Social Studies Course Catalog
- Technology, Engineering & Design
- Visual & Performing Arts Course Catalog
- Publications Catalog
- Academic Pathways
- Diplomas with Emphasis
- Education for Justice & Leadership
- City as a Classroom