EducationB.A. Communications, San Jose State University M.A. Religious Studies, Santa Clara University Courses TaughtWorld Religions Faithful LivingPersonal StatementWhat do you...
The Religious Studies Department provides a curriculum that supports spiritual, emotional, and academic growth. Inspired by St. Julie and based on Catholic teaching, we proclaim the goodness of God and the fundamental call to action on behalf of justice. Students respond to the message of Jesus Christ with self-reflection, critical thinking, prayer, and service. Anchored in the conviction that all of life is sacramental, students build inclusive community and engage in interfaith dialogue.
Fast Facts about the Notre Dame Religious Studies Department
- Confirmation Program: Every other year, in collaboration with Campus Ministry, the department offers a path for upper division students who wish to celebrate the Catholic Sacrament of Confirmation.
- Field Trips: The department averages 6-8 field trips per semester to locations in downtown San Jose including the Martin Luther King Jr. Libary, Downtown Institute, First Unitarian Church, Washington Center, San Jose State University, St. Joseph's Cathedral and Veggielution
- Guest Speakers: Local experts are invited into select classes, on average, three times per semester.
- Journal Reflections: All classes invite thoughtful reflection and most require journal work on specific topics.
- Creative Projects: Each class has more than one project, created digitally and/or with traditional materials, as both end-of-unit and formative assessments.
- Academic Departments
- Academic Support
- Technology at Notre Dame
- ND Reads
- Graduation Requirements
- English Department Course Catalog
- General & Co-Curricular Electives
- Mathematics Course Catalog
- Modern Language Course Catalog
- Physical Education Course Catalog
- Religious Studies Course Catalog
- Science Course Catalog
- Social Studies Course Catalog
- Technology, Engineering & Design
- Visual & Performing Arts Course Catalog
- Publications Catalog
- Academic Pathways
- Diplomas with Emphasis
- Education for Justice & Leadership
- City as a Classroom