2023 Junior/Senior Prom
Saturday, May 13 from 7-11 p.m.
Corinthian Grand Ballroom
196 N 3rd St, San Jose, CA 95112
Ticket sales closed on Wednesday, May 10 at 3 p.m.
The dance is sold out, but ND students who did not get a ticket can add themselves to the waiting list and if an attendee cancels, students will be emailed in the order of the waiting list.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who can attend?
- Current ND juniors and seniors can attend with or without a guest.
- Guests of ND juniors and seniors must be a high school student. They will be required to present their current and valid 2022-23 student ID when they arrive at the dance. If the guest does not have a high school ID from 2022-23, a copy of their current class schedule with their principal’s/dean’s signature or business card must be brought instead.
- Guests who are not high school students must upload a signed letter to the payment form from the parent/guardian of their ND student host saying that they give their permission to attend. The letter must be written by the ND student's parent and must explicitly state that they grant permission for the guest to attend with their ND student. The names of both parties and the parent's name and signature must also be included.
What is the ticket price and what does it include?
- Your ticket price includes elaborate desserts (vegan and gluten-free options available), an ice cream sundae bar, chocolate fountain and dippers, water, soda and non-alcoholic frozen drinks, dancing, music, a create-your-own mask station, board games, and a professional photo booth.
- The early-bird ticket price is $85 per person. The price goes up to $100 per person on April 20.
- All tickets must be purchased in advance through the online form and there will be no tickets sold at the door. Tickets cannot be given to another student or transferred.
- Ticket sales close at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 10.
- Supplemental aid is available for ND students. Please email Mrs. Borromei to request aid.
- There are no physical tickets. Once you have bought your ticket and paid, you will automatically be added to the guest list and be able to check in at the gate that night. All confirmed tickets will get a confirmation email directly after their purchase from our payment partner and will also receive an email the week of the prom from ND with more information.
What time can I show up and leave?
- The dance starts at 7 p.m. and ends at 11 p.m., but all attendees must arrive by 8 p.m. and cannot leave before 10 p.m.
- ND students and their guests who request to leave earlier than 10 p.m. must have their parent/guardian email Ms. Battisti to request permission in advance.
Where do I get dropped off and picked up?
- Students can get dropped off and picked up in the loading zone directly in front of the Corinthian Grand Ballroom. See this map for more detailed information.
I'm driving myself. Where can I park?
- Metered parking: There are parking meters (that are free after 6 p.m.) along both sides of 3rd Street between E. St. John Street and E. St. James Street. This is your best bet for parking because it's free and close to the venue.
- Parking garages: There are two paid parking garages near the venue - the 4th/St. John Garage (50 N. 4th Street) and the 3rd Street Garage (95 N. 3rd Street). Please check www.parksj.org for the current weekend-night rates.
- See the parking map for more detailed information.
What do I need to bring?
- All ticket sales are electronic and there are no paper/printed tickets. Once you have bought your ticket and paid, you will automatically be added to the guest list and be able to check in at the door that night. All purchasers will get a confirmation email directly after their purchase from our payment partner and will also receive an email the week of the prom from ND with the logistical information found on this FAQ page.
- ND students: do not need to bring anything.
- Non-ND students: please bring your current 2022-23 high school student ID. If you do not have a current ID, please bring a printout of your current schedule with your principal’s/dean’s business card stapled to it.
- No outside food or beverage will be allowed in the building.
- Bag checks will be conducted upon arrival.
- A coat check will be available.
What’s the dress code?
- Attire is formal.
- Wear or bring comfortable shoes, if desired.
A coat check will be available.
I already purchased my own ticket, but now I have a guest. What do I do?
- Email Mrs. Borromei and she will send you a separate form to pay for your guest.
What are the COVID requirements for the event?
- The COVID requirements will align with the current Notre Dame guidelines. These guidelines may change before the event and if any requirements are changed, this page will be updated and all confirmed guests will be emailed immediately.
- Masks will be optional outdoors and recommended but optional when indoors.
- Students who are not feeling well the day of the event should NOT come to the dance. Email Mrs. Borromei (email@example.com) for a full refund.
- Up-to-date guidelines on masking and all of ND’s COVID safety policies can be found on the COVID Resources Page.
Can I request a song?
- Sure! Just make sure it’s safe for Sister Carol’s ears.
- ND students can submit their requests here.
Any recommendations for corsages/boutonnieres?
- Yes! Our former receptionist, Ms. Bobst, is a licensed florist and you can order a corsage or boutonniere by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org or filing out this form by May 6.
Still need a dress?
- Check out the Princess Project, an organization who gives away free prom dresses!
I’m an ND parent. Can I volunteer to chaperone the dance?
- Yes! We would love to have your help! Please click here to sign up for a volunteer slot.
Who can I contact with other questions?
- Please email Mrs. Borromei (email@example.com) with any other questions.