Notre Dame High School Mission Statement
Adopted in June 2010.
Notre Dame High School, in the heart of downtown San Jose since 1851, provides young women an exemplary Catholic and college preparatory education. We do so in the spiritual legacy of Saint Julie Billiart, the foundress of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, embracing the gift of God’s goodness to support the personal journey of each student. This journey occurs in a uniquely compassionate community with meaningful and integrated learning programs that foster intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, reflection, social awareness and responsibility, and the discovery of each young woman’s voice and leadership capabilities.
We bring to life the values stated in The Hallmarks of a Notre Dame de Namur Learning Community.
• We proclaim by our lives even more than by our words that God is good.
• We honor the dignity and sacredness of each person.
• We educate for and act on behalf of justice and peace in the world.
• We commit ourselves to community service.
• We embrace the gift of diversity.
• We create community among those with whom we work and with those we serve.
• We develop holistic learning communities which educate for life.
We honor Saint Julie’s wisdom to “Teach them what they need to know for life.”
Notre Dame San Jose Vision Statement
Developed in conjunction with the 2015-2020 Strategic Plan.
Notre Dame San Jose, a Catholic college-preparatory high school for young women since 1851, will be known as the women's high school in Silicon Valley that educates for career success, global leadership and socially-responsible entrepreneurship.