LEAD (Learn. Empower. Act. Discover.)
As part of Notre Dame’s ongoing commitment to Catholic education and women’s leadership, we offer a series of workshops for young women currently in seventh grade at Catholic elementary schools in the Diocese of San Jose.
- Purpose: Our focus is to support Catholic elementary schools and Catholic education with our unique resources and expertise.
- There is no cost for students to apply or participate.
- At this time, the program is limited to young women currently in the seventh grade.
- Process: After applying to the program and being selected, students select from a menu of workshops to fit their area of interest and emerging skill set throughout the year; typically workshops are offered on weekday afternoons and Saturday mornings.
- Product: Qualifying students will build a leadership portfolio as part of the program and receive a certificate of completion in the spring. Additionally, "graduates" of the program become candidates for the Françoise Leadership Award at Notre Dame High School.
For 2016-2017 LEADers
The list and descriptions of spring workshops can be found here. Please click on the links below to register for a workshop:
Introduction to Robotics 1/28/17 10am-12pm This workshop is full.
Being the Best Student Leader Possible 2/9/17 3:30pm-5pm This workshop is full.
Mardi Gras: French with Flair! 2/28/17 3:30pm-5pm This workshop is full.
Celebrating Women's History Month 3/21/17 5pm-7pm This workshop is full.
Spring Sports Clinic 4/11/17 3:30pm-5pm