--- ASB Announcements -----
B Week Clubs - Come Check Out all the Clubs (updated with second semester dates) at lunch!
Free Hot Chocolate hosted by SAB on Tuesday, January 23 in Pardini Park during cohort time, to ring in the new semester. Bring your own cup and stirring utensil!
AP and Honors Applications
AP and Honors Applications are now posted on the Google Classroom class pages
- Applications are due Monday, January 30, 2018
- Final grades will be available on PowerSchool the week of January 22, 2018
- Applications must be complete in order to be considered
- Your responses will be emailed to you with a link to edit or update your application
Spirit Week Dress Up Days
Class Color Day - Friday, March 3
Holiday Day - Monday, March 5
Salad Dressing Day Suggestions - Tuesday, March 6
8 Year Old Self Day - Wednesday, March 7
Dynamic Duo/Terrific Trio/Super Squads Day - Thursday, March 8
------ Campus Ministry Announcements -------
Catholics Schools Week Family Mass
In honor of Catholic Schools Week, Notre Dame students, parents and siblings are invited to give thanks for the academic year in prayer and celebration through Eucharistic liturgy on Sunday, January 28, 2018. Please join us with the faith community at the Cathedral Basilica for this annual event. Please arrive by 11:15 am and pick up a Notre Dame sunflower button to show your ND pride! RSVP NOW
Catholic Schools Week begins Sunday, January 28
We celebrate this week to celebrate Catholic education and culminates on Febraury 2 with Foundress Day, as we honor St Julie Billiart and the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur. The Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur founded Notre Dame High School in 1851. Not only did they build a school, but they built a sisterhood that connects us all together.
----- END OF NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS ------
College Rep Visits - Full Calendar
Internship/Jobs/Enrichment Opportunities - most recent Internship/Jobs/Enrichment opportunities.
Cold-Weather Dress Code Reminders:
- Every clothing item that we can see must be part of the Notre Dame uniform. Examples: a. you may layer a hooded sweatshirt under the crew-neck sweatshirt as long as the hooded sweatshirt is part of Notre Dame's uniform; b. you may not layer a long-sleeved shirt under your short-sleeved polo shirt unless it is one of the long-sleeved uniform polos. You will receive a detention for any non-uniform clothing item that we can see.
- Jackets may be worn between classes, and inside the classroom, with permission of the teacher only. A non-uniform sweater or sweatshirt is not a jacket. If you need clarification on what is/is not a true jacket, see Mrs. McGovern.
- Blankets are not permitted to be worn in class or walking to/from classes. If you want to bring a blanket for sitting outside during your free block/break/lunch, that is fine, but they are not allowed in classrooms or walking around campus (tripping hazard for you and others).
- On Regent Fridays, students may wear free dress bottoms as long as they are wearing ND tops -- and this means all of the clothing items you are wearing on top must be ND affiliated. You may not wear a Notre Dame t-shirt under a non-uniform sweater.
- Class sweats are permitted to be worn on specific class color days and Regent Fridays, only. They are never permitted Monday-Thursday.
Mother Daughter Retreat
Campus Ministry offers a Mother Daughter retreat every other year. This year the Mother Daughter retreat is held over MLK weekend on Saturday, January 13 through Sunday, January 14, 2018. The retreat is a two-day/one night experience focusing on strenghtening communication in the mother daughter relationship. The retreat is open to students of all grade levels and faith traditions. A student may attend with her mother, stepmother, guardian, grandmother, aunt, or another important female family member. Deadline to Register: Friday, December 8. More Information & Register / Campus Ministry Retreats
Get A Yearbook
Yearbooks for the 2017-18 school year can be purchased online 17/18 Yearbook . If you'd like to buy BOTH the 2017-18 yearbook and 2016-17 yearbook please ONLY fill out the 16/17 & 17/18 Wufoo Form. If you are purchasing the bundle please ONLY complete the wufoo form, DO NOT buy a yearbook on the Walsworth site. Have your payment information ready.
Muslim Prayer Space
Campus Ministry and the Muslim Student Association are collaborating to offer Muslim students a place to pray on campus. Students may join Ms. Mourad to pray during the first 15 minutes of lunch in M202 on Mondays (MSA meeting) and in M311 for the rest of the weekedays. Students may also pray in the Chapel during free block. Please contact Ms. Mourad regarding lunch prayer or Ms. Yavorsky with any questions regarding additional prayer space on campus.
Food Delivery to Campus is Not Permitted
Ordering food from outside vendors (i.e. Door Dash) is not permitted at any time during the school day. Please see Mrs. McGovern with questions.
Reminder of Class Floors Etiquette
When permitted, if you are sitting on the class floors, please remember that you should be talking in a quiet, indoor voice (in case there are meetings going on in the classrooms), and sitting in such a way that allows two-way traffic to walk on the floor. This means that you should not be sitting with legs extended, or have your backpacks laying in the middle of the walkway.
Eucharistic Ministry Help
If you are already confirmed and trained as a Eucharistic Minister in the Catholic tradition, we would love your assistance as a Eucharistic Minister at our Mass on Commissioning. Interest Form
Improv Team - Video
Join the improv team, on Tuesdays and Fridays from 3:00-4:15pm in the RS Room. Whether you're an improv expert or you just want to be entertained by fellow students, improv is the place for you!! Questions? email Ms Kane
Summer 2018 Global Student Leadership Summit
Learn how Helsinki and Stockholm have harnessed technology to improve their communities, and attend a global youth leadership summit in Berlin, where you'll use design thinking to contemplate how our community can more sustainably utilize technology. Ms. Pfaff. MORE INFORMATION & SIGN-UP
Justice Immersion Application
Information & Application
Check Out Notre Dame's Student Newspaper the Crown and Shield Online for the Latest ND NEWS
Buy Notre Dame Uniforms and Other Apparel from Lands End
School Uniform #900155441
Co-Curricular Shirts #900162181
Alumnae & Other Adults #900161902
Sports Shirts #900161555
Interested in printing on our school 3D printer? Complete this interest form to participate in this 3D printing opportunity for ND students. You do not need to have any prior experience with 3D modeling to use the 3D printer. Stop by the Learning Commons to see the 3D printer in action!
1. Please remember that all students must be off the class floors and out of the SLC by 3:30pm every day; at 4:30pm, all students must be checked into the Learning Commons for the remainder of their time on campus, unless in a supervised co-curricular activity.
2. Please remember that the gated patio area outside of the Learning Commons (parallel to Third Street) is for seniors during lunch only. Students, of any grade, may not sit in this area during the school day.
Juniors & Seniors - Join CSF California Scholarship Federation
Serve the Notre Dame community as a peer tutor. Check out the ND CSF website to start the membership process and to sign-up to peer tutor. Contact Ms. Hogan with any questions.
Notre Dame periodically recruits student volunteers for various events. Click on the box below to check out the list and check back often. Please note that these opportunities do not count towards service hour requirements.