At Notre Dame, we recognize leadership in young women. Whether it is in the classroom or through service, there are opportunities for students to receive scholarships to celebrate their accomplishments.
Françoise Blin de Bourdon is the co-foundress of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur. She led the Sisters with her influence and affluence. Students who complete the LEAD Program as seventh graders and continue to demonstrate a commitment to Catholic leadership by completing community service, holding a position of leadership in their school or parish, and maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.0 in eighth grade are eligible for the Francoise Leadership Award. Françoise Leadership Award Recipients receive a $200 award toward tuition that is applied at the time of enrollment. Françoise Leaders are recognized at graduation for their influence in the school and larger community if they continue to hold positions of leadership and exceed the community service learning requirement over their four years at Notre Dame.
As a Catholic member of Notre Dame’s incoming Class of 2024, we invite you to apply for the Rene Lepiane Leadership Award. The chosen recipient, a student who has demonstrated leadership skills in her school and/or community, will be awarded a scholarship in the amount of $1,000 that will be distributed in $250 payments over four years.
To qualify you must have held a leadership position this past year either at your school or in an after school activity, maintained an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher, submit a letter of recommendation and write a short essay.
If you would like to be considered for this award, please submit your application by end of day Monday, May 4, 2020. The winner will be notified by June 6, 2020.
The Rene Lepiane Leadership Award was created in honor of Rene Lepiane, director of student leadership and activities from 2006 until her passing in August of 2010. The Rene Lepiane Scholarship Fund has been established to recognize exceptional young women who exemplify the same characteristics Rene taught her students. Her extraordinary warmth and compassion were gifts she bestowed on the Notre Dame students, faculty/staff, community and many others. Ms. Lepiane supported, nurtured, empowered and equipped each young woman with the skills she would need to make the right choices in her life journey. She had the ability to see each girl for who she was, challenge her strengths and encourage and guide young women to develop new ways of using their leadership skills to better their world.
The following guidelines are set forth as criteria for the award:
- A scholarship in the amount of $1,000 will be distributed in $250 payments over four years.
- Students must be in good standing both socially and academically (GPA or 3.0 or higher).
- Students must have held a leadership position this past year either at school or in an after school activity.
Application and selection process:
- All application materials must be submitted by end of the day May 6, 2020. These will include:
- Completed application form including all personal data and the signatures of your current school principal.
- A short essay telling us about a time when you were challenged to show leadership, and what qualities you feel make a person a good leader.
- A letter of recommendations from a teacher or coach that addresses your leadership ability and character.
- Be an ambassador for Notre Dame High School at all times and adhere to all school policies as outlined in the student handbook.
- Share a letter of gratitude to the Lepiane family through the selection committee.
- Write a short article about your leadership experiences during your freshman year for publication.
Tuition assistance is available to families at Notre Dame who demonstrate financial need. Admission to Notre Dame is not dependent upon a family’s ability to pay the total cost of tuition. Our goal is to give all qualified students, regardless of financial resources, an opportunity to attend Notre Dame San Jose. Requests for tuition assistance information and completion of applications are confidential and are not a consideration during the admission process.
For additional information as well as application forms, please go to the tuition page and learn about how to afford a Notre Dame education.