I hope this finds you getting ready for a holiday break, ready to thank those in your lives for the blessings they bring to you.
For this week’s message, I probably do not need to remind you that the UC and the CSU deadline approaches --- November 30th at 11:59 p.m. --- this coming Saturday. PLEASE submit your applications well before that deadline date --- you have all been wonderful in getting your essays written and reviewed --- this should be an easily accomplished task!
I have TWO scholarships to announce for your consideration:
- The “Italian Catholic Federation” offers $400 Scholarships to Roman Catholic Graduating Seniors of Italian Descent who have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.2. If either a Roman Catholic parent or grandparent is a member of the Italian Catholic Federation, the applicant must be Roman Catholic but need not be of Italian descent, or live where Branches are established, to qualify.
- Visit the web site at www.icf.org for more information
- We have some copies of the scholarship in our office
- Deadline is 3/15/14
- eQuality Scholarship Collaborative
- 25th annual scholarship program --- with awards totaling $96,000 to graduating high school students.
- Deadline is 2/16/14
- Must be a resident of northern or central CA
- Must complete high school by June 30, 2014
- Must plan to attend an accredited post-secondary college for the first time in fall 2014
- Recognizes service to the lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender community.
- MORE information: www.equalityscholarship.org
I will still review essays online ---over the holiday break ---- but ask that all of us DO take time to reflect on our blessings ---and take time to RELAX!
Very best to all of you,
IMPORTANT REMINDERS & INFORMATION
As a reminder, it would be helpful for the preparation of your daughter’s college counselor letter of recommendation that you take some time over the summer to complete the Parent Response Form
We have several college admissions events already scheduled for next year. We will be adding many college visits to the list in the coming months and encourage you to check the College Counseling section of the website regularly.
- 12/3/13: College Financial Aid Information Night, 7 p.m., Manley Hall, for parents of seniors of Class of 2014
- 5/2/14: “Letting Go” panel for parents of the Class of 2014 --- wisdom from parents of the Class of 2013 – on the transition from high school to college
We hope to see you at many of these events. I look forward to working with your daughter on her journey to college.