At Notre Dame our college counseling philosophy mirrors the spiritual legacy of Saint Julie Billiart, the foundress of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, embracing the gift of God’s goodness to support the personal journey of each student. The journey occurs in a uniquely compassionate community with meaningful and integrated learning programs that foster intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, reflection, social awareness, responsibility, and the discovery of each young woman’s voice and leadership capabilities.
We strive to counsel students in their search for colleges and universities that meet their academic, emotional, social, financial, and geographic needs. Students are asked to discover who they are and what they think. We explore the full range of college options and help her find one that challenges her academically and aligns with her values, interests, and career goals.
Important Reminders & Information
· August 27: Senior College Kickoff-Learning Commons 7pm
· September 12; October 24; December 12: National ACT Testing Dates
· September 13: Jesuit Excellence Tour (JET) Fair at Bellarmine4-6pm
· October 3; November 7; December 5: National SAT and SAT Subject Test dates
· October 8: Testing in the 21st Century-Learning Commons 7pm
· October 20: Trends in College Admissions-Learning Commons7pm
· December 1: Senior Financial Aid Information Night-Learning Commons-7pm
· December 4: Out of State College Fair-JB Hall
Presentation from Senior College Kickoff 2015
ND College Counseling Handbook 2016