Girls Teaching Girls How to Code
Girls Teaching Girls to Code is a program, geared toward beginners with no programming experience, where 30 Stanford women in CS will teach Bay Area high school girls to code. Students will learn programming basics, build exciting projects, and develop strong relationships with mentors in the field. It is a one-day event held on Saturday, April 6th at the Stanford Gates Building. To see more details about the program, please visit http://www.girlsteachinggirlstocode.org/. Student sign-ups begin on February 10th, 2013.
Notre Dame High School offers the opportunity for students to explore career interest areas, develop professional skills, and experience unique work environments in our community. Capitalizing on its unique location in
downtown San Jose, Notre Dame develops partnerships with local businesses and
organizations that have an interest in offering educational opportunities to our students.
Interested students will be able to apply for various internships and job shadows if they have
met specific requirements for each position. Internship and job shadow placement is facilitated by the Career Exploration Program Coordinator, in conjunction with the internship or job shadow supervisor. Specific requirements will
- Be a student in good academic standing and not attending summer school
- Provide own transportation
- Be able to meet the time commitment of the internship
- Participate in educational process and workshops
- Be selected or agreed to be a participating partner
- Commit to discussing her experience of the internship
- Be a junior or senior
- Sophomores and freshmen will be considered where appropriate internships apply.
Previous/Existing Internship Partners:
- Ellahie & Farooqui, L.L.P.
- MACLA Arte
- Andersen Brulé Architects
- San Jose City Government
- Discovery Museum Biosite ACE Program
- Guadalupe River Park and Gardens
- Project Breakthrough
- The Fairmont Hotel
- San Jose Magazine
- The Tech Museum of Innovation
- Avant! Foundation
- Camp Galileo
- History San Jose Museum
Previous/Existing Job Shadow Partners:
- Adobe Animal Hospital
- SETI Institute
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Valley Medical Center
- San Jose State University Financial Aid Office
- San Jose Institute for Contemporary Art